WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Dialysis Technician - Diploma
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Surgical Technology
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MS Health Informatics
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Laboratory Technology
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Alabama
- Alabama contributes about 6% of the Radiology institutions in the nation
- The expected job growth for the state of Alabama is expected to be about 28% by the year 2020
- There is only 1 institution offering a bachelor’s degree program in radiology
- There are 6 institutions offering associate degree programs and 3 offering certificate programs on the same
- There are 8 universities and colleges offering degree programs in radiology
- The annual range of tuition for radiology based programs in career schools and community colleges is in-between $5,000 and $12,000
- The annual range of tuition for radiology based programs in universities and colleges is in-between $2,000 and $10,000
How to become a radiology technician in Alabama
Alabama is one of the few states in the United States that do not necessarily require one to be licensed in order to practice radiology. This does not mean that you do not have to be certified by the ARRT (American Registry of Radiology Technologists). Most employers in the state are after individuals that have been certified by the ARRT. Therefore, it is side that one seeks for the ARRT certification before diving into the radiology job sector. In addition to this, you will be required to have graduated from any accredited institution in the state. This means at least 2 years in school and at least another two in your residency. However, for the bachelor’s degree, you will need to attend school for 4 years; 2 in class and 2 in the field. The ARRT certification will need to be renewed every two years in order to maintain your relevance.
Career opportunities for radiology technicians in Alabama
Currently, it is approximated that there are around 3,500 career opportunities in Alabama with an expected growth of 28% by the year 2020. Most of these career opportunities are available in hospitals, clinics, imaging centers and physician offices. There are also quite a number of organizations in Alabama that offer radiology technician positions, most of which are state-owned. In the private sector, there are several doctors who have their own offices in the state and offer career opportunities to new graduates.