Get your career started with an education from Heritage College. We offer programs and degrees for a career as an x-ray medical technician, medical assistant, massage therapist, esthetician, surgical technologist, personal trainer, pharmacy technician, or cosmetologist.
- X-Ray Medical Technician - Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) offers industry-relevant knowledge and training for in demand careers in healthcare.
Jobs in healthcare and social assistance are projected to have the fastest job growth between 2010-2020 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. In order to address the rapidly growing need for career-ready professionals in many exciting fields, UMA offers associate degrees that can be earned in as few as 15 months.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Phoenix Career Services™ help students find careers that match their interests & map out a personalized career plan.
- Mentorships & networking opportunities available through Alumni Association of 800,000+ graduates.
- Flexible start date and class schedules.
- 100+ locations and online options.
- Offers special military rates and special advisors who have a military background.
- Students can earn credits for applicable military training and education.
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
Please Call 855-816-4001 to speak to a customer representative.
- Lower Tuition Cost Than Many Other Universities. Classes Start Soon.
- Try our introductory course - with no money up front.
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 1995.
- Features numerous online student resources at no extra charge, including an online library, course materials, and real-time tutoring.
- Courses last 8 weeks and begin monthly
DeVry University provides quality education that employers respect, and is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association (ncahlc.org), the same organization that accredits many other well-known public and private schools.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln College of Technology. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Colorado
- There is only one school in the state offering a radiology bachelor’s degree program in the state
- The average graduation rate for radiology learning institutions in the state is about 58%
- Colorado contributes up to 4% of the total radiology learning institutions in the United States
- The average annual tuition for radiology courses in career schools and community colleges in the state is approximately $10,500
- The average tuition range for universities and colleges in the state lies in-between $9,000 and $21,000
- There are 11 universities and colleges in Colorado offering radiology related courses
- There are 3 institutions offering radiology certificate programs and 10 offering associate degrees on the same
How to become a radiology technician in Colorado
There is no specific licensing system for those planning to practice (or already practicing) radiology in the state. All in all, this does not mean that sitting for the ARRT examination is not necessary. No employer allows individuals without ARRT certification to handle x-ray machines or carry out any other radiology related procedure in their institution. The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment is responsible for issuing of the exam. There is also a limited scope operator certification of which requires going about a 24 credit continuing education course. However, you have to graduate from an accredited institution in order to qualify to sit for the ARRT exam. The renewal is done after every two years and it also involves the 24 credit continuing education course.
Career options for radiology technicians in Colorado
Today, it is estimated that there are about 3,500 radiologists’ jobs in the state. This number is however expected to grow by a margin of 35.9% by the year 2020 meaning more job opportunities for new radiology graduates. In most cases, the hourly wage for radiologist is $28 while the annual average pay is $58,700. You can get job opportunities in major state hospitals, physician offices, medical agencies in the state, imaging centers and clinics. Most of them take new graduates and offer very good pay rates for those that have properly qualified.