WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Diploma - Surgical Technologist
- Associate of Applied Science - Surgical Technologist
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MS Health Informatics
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Colorado
- There is only one school in the state offering a radiology bachelor’s degree program in the state
- The average graduation rate for radiology learning institutions in the state is about 58%
- Colorado contributes up to 4% of the total radiology learning institutions in the United States
- The average annual tuition for radiology courses in career schools and community colleges in the state is approximately $10,500
- The average tuition range for universities and colleges in the state lies in-between $9,000 and $21,000
- There are 11 universities and colleges in Colorado offering radiology related courses
- There are 3 institutions offering radiology certificate programs and 10 offering associate degrees on the same
How to become a radiology technician in Colorado
There is no specific licensing system for those planning to practice (or already practicing) radiology in the state. All in all, this does not mean that sitting for the ARRT examination is not necessary. No employer allows individuals without ARRT certification to handle x-ray machines or carry out any other radiology related procedure in their institution. The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment is responsible for issuing of the exam. There is also a limited scope operator certification of which requires going about a 24 credit continuing education course. However, you have to graduate from an accredited institution in order to qualify to sit for the ARRT exam. The renewal is done after every two years and it also involves the 24 credit continuing education course.
Career options for radiology technicians in Colorado
Today, it is estimated that there are about 3,500 radiologists’ jobs in the state. This number is however expected to grow by a margin of 35.9% by the year 2020 meaning more job opportunities for new radiology graduates. In most cases, the hourly wage for radiologist is $28 while the annual average pay is $58,700. You can get job opportunities in major state hospitals, physician offices, medical agencies in the state, imaging centers and clinics. Most of them take new graduates and offer very good pay rates for those that have properly qualified.