Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Colorado
- There is only one school in the state offering a radiology bachelor’s degree program in the state
- The average graduation rate for radiology learning institutions in the state is about 58%
- Colorado contributes up to 4% of the total radiology learning institutions in the United States
- The average annual tuition for radiology courses in career schools and community colleges in the state is approximately $10,500
- The average tuition range for universities and colleges in the state lies in-between $9,000 and $21,000
- There are 11 universities and colleges in Colorado offering radiology related courses
- There are 3 institutions offering radiology certificate programs and 10 offering associate degrees on the same
How to become a radiology technician in Colorado
There is no specific licensing system for those planning to practice (or already practicing) radiology in the state. All in all, this does not mean that sitting for the ARRT examination is not necessary. No employer allows individuals without ARRT certification to handle x-ray machines or carry out any other radiology related procedure in their institution. The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment is responsible for issuing of the exam. There is also a limited scope operator certification of which requires going about a 24 credit continuing education course. However, you have to graduate from an accredited institution in order to qualify to sit for the ARRT exam. The renewal is done after every two years and it also involves the 24 credit continuing education course.
Career options for radiology technicians in Colorado
Today, it is estimated that there are about 3,500 radiologists’ jobs in the state. This number is however expected to grow by a margin of 35.9% by the year 2020 meaning more job opportunities for new radiology graduates. In most cases, the hourly wage for radiologist is $28 while the annual average pay is $58,700. You can get job opportunities in major state hospitals, physician offices, medical agencies in the state, imaging centers and clinics. Most of them take new graduates and offer very good pay rates for those that have properly qualified.