WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Dialysis Technician - Diploma
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Surgical Technology
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MS Health Informatics
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Mississippi
- There are 0 institutions offering certificate radiology programs
- Only one school in the state offers the bachelor’s degree program
- Mississippi is home to 10 universities and colleges offering the degree radiology program and up to 9 other institutions offering an associate degree in radiology
- The tuition range for colleges and universities within Mississippi lies in-between $3,000 and $8,00
- The tuition range of radiology programs at community colleges and career schools lies in-between $3,600 and $4,600
- The mean annual income for radiologist in Mississippi is $45,080
- The projected job growth rate is expected to hit 21.8% by the year 2019
- Radiology technicians in the state are paid better on average as compared to those in other professions
How to become a radiology technician in Mississippi
Just like in most states, one has to be licensed in order to practice radiology. This applies for both radiology technicians and radiology assistants. This will involve passing the ARRT examination and going through the whole application process for your license. This process includes paying the application fee, providing the necessary documentation and filling in the application form. You will need to prove that you have graduated from a radiology institution. There minimum requirement is that you have been in school for at least 2 years; this is for those pursuing the certificate courses. However, for those pursuing the bachelor’s degree, you will need to prove that you have graduated from a 4 year course and have been ample residency in any of the recognized hospital schools in the state. For those who plan on practicing nuclear medicine, you can choose between sitting for the ARRT or the NMTCB tests. There is a mandatory 24 hour continuing education credit for all the licensed technicians. Renewal is done after every 2 years.
Career opportunities for radiology technicians in Mississippi
The expected growth rate for jobs in Mississippi is expected to be at around 21.8% by the year 2019 which means a significant increase from the current 1,910 positions available. Some of the areas where one can pursue a career in this medical field include medical imaging centers, doctor offices and major hospitals in the region such as the Singing River Hospital and the Forest General Hospital.