WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MS Health Informatics
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Health Information Management (BS)
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Oregon
- There is one institution offering certificate programs in radiography science
- The average population of radiology students within the state of Oregon is about 18,000 students per institution
- The annual tuition range for universities and colleges within the state lies in-between $7,900 and $20,000
- The annual tuition range for career schools within the state is about $7,700
- There are 6 universities and colleges in Oregon offering radiology degree programs
- There are 2 learning institution in the state offering bachelor’s degree programs in radiology and 2 offering associate degree programs in the same field
- The average annual salary for an average radiology technician in Oregon is about $63,000
How to become a radiology technician in Oregon
Residents of Oregon who wish to get certified as state radiology technicians have to provide their licenses to their various employers. This license is issued on application by the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging. This board is specifically entrusted with the task of managing the medical imaging sector in Oregon. On the other hand, the board offers specific limited scope exams for specific career sectors within the medical Imaging sector. The careers sectors include are sonogrpahy, radiation therapy, nuclear medicine, radiography, x-ray machine operations and magnetic resonance imaging. These are the main limited scope career exams available. In addition to sitting for the exam, you will have to pay an application fee and submit necessary documents such as you graduation and identification documents. Once licensed, you will have to go through a compulsory 24 hour educational course. This course is meant to be done every two years while you are renewing your license.
Career opportunities for radiology technicians in Oregon
The projected job growth rate in the state of Oregon is estimated to be about 29.1% by the year 2020. This implies that the job opportunities are slowly increasing within the state. There are over 67 active major hospitals in the state and even more medical centers. All these are very good place to look for available job opportunities. In addition to this, you can go to imaging centers, physician offices and clinics.