WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Surgical Technology - Associate in Specialized Technology
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MS Health Informatics
Berks Technical Institute (BTI) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Electronic Health Records - Associate in Applied Business
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania is ranked as one of the states with the highest number of universities offering radiology course in the United States
- On average, radiology technicians are paid more than radiology technicians in other states
- There are 31 universities and colleges in the state offering radiology degree programs
- There are 23 learning institutions offering radiology associate degree programs
- There are 8 learning institutions offering radiology bachelor degree programs in the state and 6 offering certificate programs in the same
- The price range for radiology courses in universities and colleges within Pennsylvania lies in-between $2,500 and $35,000
How to become a radiology technician in Pennsylvania
Just like in most US States, the very first step in becoming a radiology technician in Pennsylvania is to graduate from a credited institution. This will involve sitting for the MCAT (Medical College Admission Test) and choosing whichever course fits you the best. Once in school, you will study for 2-4 years depending on the course you are pursuing. Degree courses last for 4 years while certificate programs go for at least 2 years. For those with degree courses, you will be required to go for residency in any studying hospital for up to 1 year. It is only after this that you will be allowed to sit for the ARRT examination which allows you to get licensed. There are specialized ARRT exams for specific careers such as radiation therapy, radiography, sonogrpahy and the likes. However, there are no continuing education credit requirements for this process.
Career opportunities for radiology technicians in Pennsylvania
Research shows that there are currently about 9,800 radiology work opportunities in Pennsylvania. In addition to this, the projected job growth rate is 16% which means this number will increase in time. Pennsylvania has also been ranked as one of the state with the highest number of major hospitals in the United States. These make the perfect place to look for career opportunities as a new graduate. In addition to this, there are several medical centres, imaging centres and physician offices of which also offer career opportunities for new radiology graduates.