Radiology Technician Schools in Montana
[qs_listing state=”MT” areaofinterest=”HEALTH-HEALTHCARE-NURSING” campustype=”BOTH” maxresults=”10″]
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Montana
- There are no institutions offering certificate programs in radiography science nor are there institutions offering bachelor degree programs on the same
- The average radiology student population in Montana is about 8,000
- The average annual tuition range for colleges and universities within the state lies in-between $7,700 and $13,000
- The average annual tuition range for radiology courses in career schools and community colleges within the state lies in-between $7,500 and $10,700
- There are 5 learning institutions offering radiology associate degree programs in the state
- There are 5 universities and colleges in Montana offering general degree programs for radiologists
How to become a radiology technician in Montana
In order to become a radiology technician in Montana, you will have to first of all acquire licensure before actually diving into the job market. The Montana Board of Radiologic Technologists is responsible for issuing of the licenses. You are required to pay $80 in order to apply for the license. $40 in this case is meant for the original certificate whereas the remaining $40 is meant to be the application fee. There is also a course of study made up of 104 hours. Each and every individual interested in getting licensure should complete this course. It mainly revolves around clinical competence in body imaging procedures such as x-ray imaging. There is also the ARRT test of which is supposed to pass in order to qualify for the license. However, there are test with limited scopes for those specializing in x-ray imaging.
Career opportunities for radiology technicians in Montana
At the moment, there are over 900 radiologists employed within the state of Montana. As stated by the Bureau of Labor Statistics in Montana, this number is expected to grow by over 28% by the year 2020. This would mean more radiologists will get job opportunities in the state with the current annual average salary of $51,500. Some of the areas where you can look for job opportunities include major state hospitals, clinics, medical centers, physician offices and imaging centers. There are quite a number in the state and most of them employ new graduates.