Radiology Technician Schools in Rhode Island
[qs_listing state=”RI” areaofinterest=”RADIOLOGIC-TECHNOLOGY” campustype=”BOTH” maxresults=”10″]
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Rhode Island
- Rhode Island has one of the lowest number of institution offering radiology courses in the state
- It however has by far one of the highest graduation rates in the nation
- Radiology technicians, on average, are paid more than those in other sectors of the medical field
- The average tuition range for radiology courses in universities and colleges ranges in-between $8,000 and $5,000
- The average tuition range for radiology courses in community colleges and career schools is around $9,000
- There are 2 universities/colleges offering radiology degree programs
- There is only 1 institution offering bachelor’s degree in radiology, 1 offering the associate degree and 1 offering certificates programs on the same
- The mean annual salary for radiologist in Rhode Island is $65,750
- Radiologists in Rhode Island are one of the highest paid technicians in the nation (in comparison to other radiology technicians in other states)
How to become a radiology technician in Rhode Island
Practitioners in the radiologic field have to be licensed in order to practice. The licenses are issued by the Rhode Island Department of Health Radiologic Health Program in collaboration with the Board of Radiologic Technology plus the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. In a bid to make sure that the standards of licensing in the state are high enough, these 3 boards consult with other committees in the medical field before issuing of licenses. Due to this, in order for one to get the license in Rhode Island, you have to be highly qualified. This means passing your ARRT exams with flying colors as well as graduating from an accredited institution. There is a compulsory 24 hour continuing education credits that has to be done every two years due to the renewal of the license. For those practicing x-ray imaging, there is a special license with their ARRT examinations covering a certain scope.
Career opportunities for radiology technicians in Rhode Island
Statistics show that currently, about 870 radiology technicians are employed in the state. However, the number is expected to increase by 13.7% by the year 2020. Some worthy career opportunities in the state include imaging centers and the huge hospitals in the state. Basically, there are 4 top hospitals in the region from which one can seek to pursue a career in the radiology field. The private sector also has a lot to offer in as far as career opportunities are concerned.