Radiology Technician Schools in Utah
[qs_listing state=”UT” areaofinterest=”RADIOLOGIC-TECHNOLOGY” campustype=”BOTH” maxresults=”10″]
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Utah
- There is a single learning institution in the state offering a certificate program for radiology technology
- The average graduation rate for radiology learning institutions in Utah is about 49%
- The average student population for radiology learning institutions in the state is approximately 18,000
- The tuition range for radiography courses in universities and colleges within the state lies in-between $2,000 and $15,000
- The tuition range for radiography courses in career schools and community colleges in the state is about $12,117
- There are 4 learning institutions offering associate degree programs for radiology courses and one offering certificate programs on the same
- There are 5 universities and colleges offering radiology degree programs
How to become a radiology technician in Utah
Radiologists are required to be licensed in order to practice within the state boundaries. The Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing is the body responsible for examining and issuing of the licenses. However, before the issuing process, you need to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) examination. The exam requires you to have graduated from a recognized and accredited institution. The application process involves you filling in some forms and paying the required application fees. You can commence the whole process as early as 3 months before your actual graduation date so long as you are sure of graduation in the estimated time. You will not only need to pay the application fee but also provide proof of your graduation and ARRT examinations. The renewal for ARRT is done every two years however, that of licenses is done on 31st of May during the odd number years.
Career opportunities for radiology technicians in Utah
The approximated job growth rate in Utah for radiologists is 31%. As a matter of fact, the current trend shows that over 70 new jobs come about every year in the state. You can get job opportunities from imaging centers, clinics, major state hospitals such as the St. Marks Hospital, university medical centers and physician offices. There are also various medical agencies in the state offering job opportunities for new graduates.