Radiology Technician Schools in Vermont
[qs_listing state=”VT” areaofinterest=”RADIOLOGIC-TECHNOLOGY” campustype=”BOTH” maxresults=”10″]
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Vermont
- On average, the average radiologist in the state of Vermont is paid higher than most professions in other medical fields
- There are no learning institutions offering certificate radiology programs in the state
- There are 4 universities and colleges in Vermont offering radiology science degree programs
- The annual tuition range for universities, colleges and community colleges in the state of Vermont range in-between $15,400 and $31,000
- The average radiography science student population within Vermont is approximately $7,000 per institution
How to become a radiology technician in Vermont
You will require to be licensed in order to be allowed to practice radiology within the state of Vermont. This will be done by the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation. The requirement for one to be licensed is that they have to have graduated from a recognized and accredited radiology program in any of the accredited radiology institutions. In addition to this, you will also have to sit for and pass the ARRT examination (American Registry of Radiologic Technologist). Alternatively, there are equivalent exams that have been set by the Vermont Board of Radiologic Technology. Once you pass the exam and have the necessary documents, the next step will be to pay the required application fees and filling out the application form. It is only after this that you will be issued with the license. You will also be required to renew the license every 2 years which will involve completing a 24 credit continuing education course.
Career options for radiology technicians in Vermont
The projected job growth for radiology technicians in Vermont is estimated to be approximately 14% by the Vermont Department of Labor. This is by the year 2020. Currently, there are a number of job positions in the state. Most of them are located in the state major hospitals in addition to this, you can also get proper job opportunities in health care centers, clinics, university medical centers, doctor’s offices, imaging centers and top medical facilities/centers in the state.