Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Louisiana
- There are 2 learning institutions offering radiology certificate programs in the state.
- The average radiology student population within Louisiana is approximately 10,500
- There are 9 learning institutions offering associate degrees in radiology and 5 offering the radiology bachelor’s degree program
- There are 14 universities and colleges in Louisiana offering a general degree program in radiology
- The average graduation rate for radiology institutions in the state is about 57%
- The annual average tuition for radiology courses in universities and colleges within Louisiana lies in-between $7,000 and $21,000
- The annual average tuition for community colleges and career schools within Louisiana lies in-between $4,000 and $9,800
How to become a radiology technician in Louisiana
In order for you to work as a radiology technician in Louisiana, you will have to first get a license from the Louisiana Board of Medical Examiners. This refers to those planning to work in the public as well as private centers in the state. In order to earn this license, you will first have to pass the ARRT examination. The main aim of this examination is to make sure that you have graduated from an accredited institution and test just how ready you are to enter the field. In that case, you have to have graduated from an accredited institution before actually sitting for the exam. Joining any of the top institutions in Louisiana will require you to pass the MCAT exam after which you can seek admission in the institution of your choice. The license will require to be renewed after 2 years.
Career opportunities for radiology technicians in Louisiana
Currently, there are about 3,000 radiology technician jobs available in the state of Louisiana. This number is expected to about 3,500 by the year 2020. This is according to the Louisiana Work Force Commission. The average annual pay for an average radiology technician in Louisiana is about $48,000. Most of these job opportunities are found in major hospitals such as the Baton Rouge General Hospital and top imaging centers. In addition to this, new graduates can also try looking for job opportunities in doctors’ offices and medical centers within the state.