WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Dialysis Technician - Diploma
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Surgical Technology - Associate in Occupational Studies
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MS Health Informatics
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Sterile Processing Technician
- Surgical Technology
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Surgical Technology
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Louisiana
- There are 2 learning institutions offering radiology certificate programs in the state.
- The average radiology student population within Louisiana is approximately 10,500
- There are 9 learning institutions offering associate degrees in radiology and 5 offering the radiology bachelor’s degree program
- There are 14 universities and colleges in Louisiana offering a general degree program in radiology
- The average graduation rate for radiology institutions in the state is about 57%
- The annual average tuition for radiology courses in universities and colleges within Louisiana lies in-between $7,000 and $21,000
- The annual average tuition for community colleges and career schools within Louisiana lies in-between $4,000 and $9,800
How to become a radiology technician in Louisiana
In order for you to work as a radiology technician in Louisiana, you will have to first get a license from the Louisiana Board of Medical Examiners. This refers to those planning to work in the public as well as private centers in the state. In order to earn this license, you will first have to pass the ARRT examination. The main aim of this examination is to make sure that you have graduated from an accredited institution and test just how ready you are to enter the field. In that case, you have to have graduated from an accredited institution before actually sitting for the exam. Joining any of the top institutions in Louisiana will require you to pass the MCAT exam after which you can seek admission in the institution of your choice. The license will require to be renewed after 2 years.
Career opportunities for radiology technicians in Louisiana
Currently, there are about 3,000 radiology technician jobs available in the state of Louisiana. This number is expected to about 3,500 by the year 2020. This is according to the Louisiana Work Force Commission. The average annual pay for an average radiology technician in Louisiana is about $48,000. Most of these job opportunities are found in major hospitals such as the Baton Rouge General Hospital and top imaging centers. In addition to this, new graduates can also try looking for job opportunities in doctors’ offices and medical centers within the state.