Radiology Tech Programs in Kansas
Were you a huge fan of mathematics and sciences in school? If you answered yes, then a career in radiologic technology might be the right profession for you. There are quite a number of radiology technician schools based within Kansas and its environs, all of which you can enroll in. To learn more about these radiology tech programs in Kansas, read on.
The medical field, in general, is known to be one with immense career opportunities. The radiologic technology sector to be specific is one with several opportunities; from hospitals to physician offices.
As a medical specialty, radiology encompasses basically imaging of the human body to analyze various conditions and diseases. It has a number of branches namely; CT (computed tomography), MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), PET (positron emission tomography), ultrasound, X-Ray radiography, and nuclear medicine. As a radiology specialist, your job will be to interpret the images acquired from any of these imaging techniques. Kansas is home to several radiology schools. To find them, one can simply perform an online search.
Becoming a radiology technician in Kansas
In order to be marketable in the job industry, it is wise to acquire an associate degree or anything above it. However, if it is possible for one to acquire an associate’s and bachelor’s, then all the better!
Those who plan to seek certification must complete technician training accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) or the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Radiology technician programs are available at the certificate, associate degree, and bachelor’s degree levels.
Radiologic Technology degree programs are available in Kansas Universities and Colleges.
- Certificate level program available
- Associate degrees
- Bachelors degrees
Interesting facts about radiology schools in Kansas
- The highest median salary for a radiology specialist in Kansas is $45,750
- Topeka registered the highest number of Doctorate degrees in radiology last year with over 6,000 students enrolling.
- The city of Wichita has the highest percentage of Radiology jobs relative to the population within Kansas
- Associate Degrees in radiology are the most common in Kansas radiology schools.
Career Opportunities for Radiology Technicians in Kansas
The most common workplace setting for new radiology tech graduates is in local Kansas hospitals. This is very good place to build one’s experience in radiologic technology. You get to work 24-hour shifts. Working at such an institution will involve a number of night shifts, call-ins and probably continuous shifts when required.
Clinics also offered career opportunities for radiology technicians. Some mobile companies and also physicians’ offices also offer steady 9-5 jobs.
- Location - Lexington, KY, US 40504
Earn your degree from an accredited university by taking all of your classes online. Sullivan University Online delivers high quality online degree programs in an e-Learning environment that allows... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic Technology
Accredited Medical Imaging Programs In Kansas
including X-Ray Tech, Nuclear Medicine, Sonography
- Fort Hays State University – Hays – JRCERT Accredited
- Hutchinson Community College – Hutchinson – JRCERT Accredited
- Labette Community College – Parsons – JRCERT, CAAHEP Accredited
- Newman University – Wichita – JRCERT Accredited
- University of Kansas Medical Center – Kansas City – JRCNMT Accredited
- Washburn University – Topeka – JRCERT, CAAHEP Accredited