Find a Radiology Tech School Near You
Lookup details and request information from accredited radiologic technologist schools.
Nuclear medicine technologists (NMTs) specialize in the use of radioactive materials called radiopharmaceuticals in order to create images of internal organs in a body scanner.
A Diagnostic MRI Technician works in a hospital to diagnose patient illness and injury using magnets and radio waves, not x-rays or nuclear radiation, to make images. The technology has a huge range of applications all over the body.
Diagnostic medical sonographers are specially trained to use imaging equipment that directs sound waves into the body of a patient to perform a common procedure known as ultrasound or sonogram.
As more and more baby boomers enter their senior years, the demand for specialists trained in cardiovascular technology continues to rise. Together with physicians, cardiovascular technologists help to diagnose and treat conditions associated with heart disease and vascular disorders.
Radiation therapists are responsible for carrying out the radiation therapy treatment plan set up by a radiation oncologist. A radiation therapist uses a high-tech machine called a linear accelerator to deliver a beam of radiation to the patient’s cancer cells.
The position of radiologist assistant is a fairly new occupation that has its own specific certification and educational standards by the AART. Although radiologist assistants are not physicians, they are considered to hold the most advanced position in radiology.
Pursue Your Passion.
Find a Career.
We connect students with radiologic technologist schools in your area and online. Use the search programs form to find the best program for you and get things rolling!
We’ve covered everything from types of medical imaging degrees to the lifestyle of a Radiologic Technologist.
- How Hard is Radiology Tech School?All sorts of obstacles stand in the way of any significant goal, and going to school for radiology is no exception. How… Read more
- A Typical Day in the Life of a Radiation TherapistThe battle against the Big C is ongoing, but the odds are slowly tipping in the direction of effective management, and possibly… Read more
- Is Being a Radiologist Dangerous?Radiology and radiologic technology are tempting careers for many looking for interesting, long-term work that pays well. However, many are scared away… Read more
- What is Brachytherapy – Definition & Degree ProgramsBrachytherapy is a type of radiotherapy where the radiation source is placed inside or very close to the body that requires treatment…. Read more
- Radiologic Technologist ResumeIf you’ve completed your coursework and are a certified radiologic technologist, you’ll want to prepare a proper resume for your job hunt…. Read more
- Radiology CodingWith the technological advances brought to the health care industry, medical professionals can now benefit from the convenience and security of electronic… Read more