Find a Radiology Tech School Near You
Lookup details and request information from accredited radiologic technologist schools.
Nuclear medicine technologists (NMTs) specialize in the use of radioactive materials called radiopharmaceuticals in order to create images of internal organs in a body scanner.
A Diagnostic MRI Technician works in a hospital to diagnose patient illness and injury using magnets and radio waves, not x-rays or nuclear radiation, to make images. The technology has a huge range of applications all over the body.
As more and more baby boomers enter their senior years, the demand for specialists trained in cardiovascular technology continues to rise. Together with physicians, cardiovascular technologists help to diagnose and treat conditions associated with heart disease and vascular disorders.
Radiation therapists are responsible for carrying out the radiation therapy treatment plan set up by a radiation oncologist. A radiation therapist uses a high-tech machine called a linear accelerator to deliver a beam of radiation to the patient’s cancer cells.
The position of radiologist assistant is a fairly new occupation that has its own specific certification and educational standards by the AART. Although radiologist assistants are not physicians, they are considered to hold the most advanced position in radiology.
Pursue Your Passion.
Find a Career.
We connect students with radiologic technologist schools in your area and online. Use the search programs form to find the best program for you and get things rolling!
We’ve covered everything from types of medical imaging degrees to the lifestyle of a Radiologic Technologist.
- MRI Tech Salary: A Guide to Comp and BenefitsUntil five decades ago, the only way to look inside the body was to perform an x-ray or surgery. Magnetic resonance imaging… Read more
- Radiology Technician Salary: By the NumbersBecoming a radiology technician allows you to work with patients and aid them on their path to recovery while earning a respectable… Read more
- Sonogram Vs. Ultrasound: How Are They Different?In diagnostic imaging centers, clinics, and hospitals, “sonogram” and “ultrasound” are often used interchangeably. This makes the two terms easy to confuse…. Read more
- How Hard is Radiology Tech School?All sorts of obstacles stand in the way of any significant goal, and going to school for radiology is no exception. How… Read more
- A Typical Day in the Life of a Radiation TherapistThe battle against the Big C is ongoing, but the odds are slowly tipping in the direction of effective management, and possibly… Read more
- Is Being a Radiologist Dangerous?Radiology and radiologic technology are tempting careers for many looking for interesting, long-term work that pays well. However, many are scared away… Read more