Radiology Tech Programs in North Dakota
As estimated by the Bureau of Labor Statistics in North Dakota, the projected job growth rate for radiology technicians is about 25% until the year 2020. Currently, there are slightly less than 1000 radiology technicians employed in the state but new opportunities are coming about every year. To learn more about radiology tech programs in North Dakota, read on.
Most of these opportunities are available for new graduates and are available in major state hospitals, medical centers, imaging centers, clinics as well as physician offices within the state. You can expect an average annual salary of about $46,600 for any of these job opportunities.
How to Become a Radiology Technician in North Dakota
Radiology technicians within North Dakota or those aspiring to be radiology techs have to attain state licensing in order to practice. The North Dakota Department of Health has set up a control program that allows each and every radiologic technologist in the state to go through a comprehensive licensing process that involves sitting for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) exam.
Alternatively, you can sit for a state equivalent test. On the other hand, if you strictly practice x-ray imaging, there is a specific licensing program for you.
You will have to sit for the ASNT (American Society for Nondestructive Testing) examinations. This is basically for industrial radiographers. However, unlike in most states where renewal is done after 2 years; renewal of these licenses will be done after every 5 years. There are no specific continuing education requirements for the renewal process and especially for the x-ray technicians.
Some Interesting Facts About Radiology Tech Schools in North Dakota
- There are no learning institutions in the state offering radiology certificate programs in the state
- There are 4 universities and colleges offering general degree programs in radiography science
- The average radiology student population in North Dakota is approximately 7,500
- The tuition range for universities and colleges within North Dakota lies in-between $13,000 and $16,000
- There are 4 learning institutions in the state offering a radiology bachelor’s degree program
- The annual average salary for radiology technicians in North Dakota is about $46,500
- Location - Houston, TX, US 77092
The College of Health Care Professions is a Texas-based career education school founded by physicians in the Texas Medical Center solely specializing in healthcare education and dedicated to provid... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic Technology - AAS (Completion Program)Radiologic Science Management - Bachelor's Degree
- Location - Lexington, KY, US 40504
Earn your degree from an accredited university by taking all of your classes online. Sullivan University Online delivers high quality online degree programs in an e-Learning environment that allows... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic Technology