Radiology Tech Programs in Kentucky
Currently, it is estimated that there are around 4,500 available radiology tech positions in the state. The number is expected to grow to over 5500 by 2020. To learn more about job opportunities and radiology tech programs in Kentucky, read on.
Each year about 180 jobs for radiology experts open up in Kentucky. This means there are ample job opportunities for new graduates. Some of these jobs are in the private sector with mobile companies, physician offices, and clinics offering job opportunities. In most cases, these are 9 to 5 jobs. Another viable option is from hospitals in the region. They offer the best place for new graduates to look for job opportunities in the state.
How to become a radiology technician in Kentucky
Unlike in most states, one is not necessarily required to be certified in order to work as a radiologic technologist in Kentucky. This is according to the Kentucky Department for Public Health.
The available state certification in the state is voluntary. However, in order to qualify for the certification, you have to have gone through an accredited institution. You are also required to have passed the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) exam.
In order to sit for this exam, you have to study for at least 4 years in an accredited institution offering radiology programs. Renewal of the license is supposed to happen every 2 years. The renewal will require you to pay a certain renewal fee as well as go for a sit-in continuing education of 24 hours. You are also required to fill in a renewal form.
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Kentucky
- The highest graduation rate in radiology colleges in Kentucky is 81%
- There are 6 institutions offering certificate programs in radiology
- There are 2 schools offering bachelor’s degrees, 17 offering associate degrees and a total of 17 universities plus colleges offering degree programs in radiology techniques and science.
- The average annual tuition for these institutions is approximately $15,000, with the lowest amount possible being $10,890.
- On average, radiology technicians in the region earn more than those in other fields.
- The projected growth rate for radiology jobs in Kentucky is estimated to be at about 25% by 2020.
- The annual average salary for radiologic technicians in Kentucky is $49,000.
The College of Health Care Professions , OnlineLocation - Houston, TX, US 77092
The College of Health Care Professions is a Texas-based career education school founded by physicians in the Texas Medical Center solely specializing in healthcare education and dedicated to provid... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic Science Management - Bachelor's DegreeRadiologic Technology Completion Program – AAS Degree
Keiser University , OnlineLocation - Fort Myers, FL, US 33905
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-ce...ProgramsBachelor of Science in Imaging Sciences - Imaging Administration
Sullivan University , OnlineLocation - Louisville, KY, US 40205
Earn your degree from an accredited university by taking all of your classes online. Sullivan University Online delivers high quality online degree programs in an e-Learning environment that allows... Read MoreProgramsLimited Medical Radiography DiplomaRadiologic Technology