Radiology Tech Programs in Nevada
New radiography graduates seeking employment should not have a very hard time finding the right career opening. There are over 59 hospitals available in Nevada from which one can look for opportunities to kick-start their promising career as a radiology technician. Read on to learn about radiology tech programs in Nevada.
On the other hand, the private sector also has a lot to offer in as much as radiology career opportunities are concerned. Several doctors have opened up their own medical/imaging centers in the state.
How to Become a Radiology Technician in Nevada
To become a radiology technician in the state, it is important for one to graduate from an accredited institution. This, plus having a license, are the two main requirements for one to pursue a radiology career in Nevada.
Apart from sitting for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) license exam, one should also sit for the MCAT test in order to qualify to enroll in any radiology technician institution in the region.
Once one has passed the MCAT test, the next step will be attending school for at least 2 years. This is basically for the certificate courses in radiologic technology. On the other hand, for associate or degree courses, one has to study for up to 4 years. Two of these years are spent in lectures while the other two are spent in the field where the student is supervised and taught all about the hospital setting. It is only after graduation that one becomes eligible to sit for the ARRT test.
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Nevada
- Only one school in the state offers radiology certificate programs
- There is also only one institution offering bachelor’s degrees in radiology related courses
- 4 institutions in the state offer radiology associate degrees and 5 universities/colleges offering degree programs in radiology
- The projected job growth rate for Nevada’s radiology scene is approximately 13% till the year 2018
- There are over 59 hospitals in the state offering radiology career opportunities
- The tuition range for radiology courses in colleges and universities ranges at about $19,000 and $6,000
- The tuition range for radiography courses in career schools and community schools within Nevada is about $9,000
- Nevada contributes about 2% of the nation’s radiology technician learning institutions with an average graduation rates for most of the institutions.
- Location - Lakeland, FL, US 33805
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-ce...ProgramsRadiation Therapy, ASRadiologic Technology, AS
- Location - Lexington, KY, US 40504
Earn your degree from an accredited university by taking all of your classes online. Sullivan University Online delivers high quality online degree programs in an e-Learning environment that allows... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic Technology