Radiology Tech Programs in Montana
At the moment, there are over 900 radiologists employed within the state of Montana. As stated by the Bureau of Labor Statistics in Montana, this number is expected to grow by over 28% by the year 2020. This would mean more radiologists will get job opportunities in the state with the current annual average salary of $51,500. To learn more about radiology tech programs in Montana, read on.
Some of the areas where you can look for job opportunities include major state hospitals, clinics, medical centers, physician offices, and imaging centers. There is quite a number in the state and most of them employ new graduates.
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Montana
- There are no institutions offering certificate programs in radiography science nor are there institutions offering bachelor degree programs on the same
- The average radiology student population in Montana is about 8,000
- Annual tuition for colleges and universities range between $7,700 and $13,000
- The average annual tuition range for radiology courses in career schools and community colleges within the state lies in-between $7,500 and $10,700
- There are 5 learning institutions offering radiology associate degree programs in the state
- There are 5 universities and colleges in Montana offering general degree programs for radiologists
How to become a radiology technician in Montana
In order to become a radiology technician in Montana, you will have to acquire a license before diving into the job market. The Montana Board of Radiologic Technologists is responsible for issuing the licenses.
You are required to pay $80 in order to apply for the license. There is also a course of study made up of 104 hours. Each and every individual interested in getting licensure should complete this course. It mainly revolves around clinical competence in body imaging procedures such as x-ray imaging.
There is also the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) test of which you must pass in order to qualify for the license. However, there are tests with limited scopes for those specializing in x-ray imaging.
- Location - Daytona Beach, FL, US 32114
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-ce...ProgramsDiagnostic Medical Sonography, ASRadiologic Technology, AS
- Location - Clifton, NJ, US 07011
At American Institute, we believe you can become whatever you want to be, and we’re ready to help you get there. We pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality, innovative education to our... Read MoreProgramsDiagnostic Medical Sonography
- Location - Lexington, KY, US 40504
Earn your degree from an accredited university by taking all of your classes online. Sullivan University Online delivers high quality online degree programs in an e-Learning environment that allows... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic Technology