Radiology Tech Programs in Missouri
Currently, there are 4,780 job opportunities for radiology technicians in Missouri. This is according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The projected job growth for the state is said to grow to 20.6% by 2020 meaning more opportunities will open up in the future. To learn more about radiology tech programs in Missouri, read on.
At the moment, the best place to kick off your career as a radiology tech is in the major state hospitals such as the Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Alternatively, there are several imaging centers and medical facilities in the state willing to give new graduates job opportunities.
How to become a radiology technician in Missouri
Just like in most states, you need to be a graduate of a state-recognized program in order to qualify for the license in Missouri. And in order to qualify to join an accredited learning institution from which you can graduate, there are a couple of requirements.
For one, you will be required to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) test and get licensed.
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Missouri
- The average population in radiology learning institutions in Missouri is approximately 17,000
- There are over 10 learning institutions in the state offering associate radiography degrees
- There are 4 institutions offering a certificate program in radiologic technology, 6 offering bachelor’s degree program on the same and 19 universities/colleges offering a degree program in radiology science
- Missouri boasts of one of the highest graduation rates in the nation (89%)
- The annual tuition range for radiography courses in career schools and community college lies in-between $5,300 and $16,400
- The annual tuition range for radiography courses in university and colleges lies in-between $33,500 and $5,900
- Location - Houston, TX, US 77092
The College of Health Care Professions is a Texas-based career education school founded by physicians in the Texas Medical Center solely specializing in healthcare education and dedicated to provid... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic Science Management - Bachelor's DegreeRadiologic Technology - AAS (Completion Program)
- Location - Melbourne, FL, US 32901
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-ce...ProgramsDiagnostic Medical Sonography, ASRadiation Therapy, ASRadiologic Technology, AS
- Location - Toms River, NJ, US 08755
At American Institute, we believe you can become whatever you want to be, and we’re ready to help you get there. We pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality, innovative education to our... Read MoreProgramsDiagnostic Medical Sonography
- Location - Lexington, KY, US 40504
Earn your degree from an accredited university by taking all of your classes online. Sullivan University Online delivers high quality online degree programs in an e-Learning environment that allows... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic Technology