Radiology Tech Programs in Missouri
Currently, there are 4,780 job opportunities for radiology technicians in Missouri. This is according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The projected job growth for the state is said to grow to 20.6% by 2020 meaning more opportunities will open up in the future. To learn more about radiology tech programs in Missouri, read on.
At the moment, the best place to kick off your career as a radiology tech is in the major state hospitals such as the Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Alternatively, there are several imaging centers and medical facilities in the state willing to give new graduates job opportunities.
In This Article
How to become a radiology technician in Missouri
Just like in most states, you need to be a graduate of a state-recognized program in order to qualify for the license in Missouri. And in order to qualify to join an accredited learning institution from which you can graduate, there are a couple of requirements.
For one, you will be required to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) test and get licensed.
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Missouri
- The average population in radiology learning institutions in Missouri is approximately 17,000
- There are over 10 learning institutions in the state offering associate radiography degrees
- There are 4 institutions offering a certificate program in radiologic technology, 6 offering bachelor’s degree program on the same and 19 universities/colleges offering a degree program in radiology science
- Missouri boasts of one of the highest graduation rates in the nation (89%)
- The annual tuition range for radiography courses in career schools and community college lies in-between $5,300 and $16,400
- The annual tuition range for radiography courses in university and colleges lies in-between $33,500 and $5,900
- Location - Dallas, TX, US 75243
The College of Health Care Professions is a Texas-based career education school founded by physicians in the Texas Medical Center solely specializing in healthcare education and dedicated to provid... Read MoreProgramsLimited Medical Radiologic Technologist with MA Skills - Certificate
- Location - Orlando, FL, US 32811
Since South College was founded in 1882, we have focused on serving students who want hands-on, career-driven education that will have a meaningful impact on their lives and livelihoods.More than a ce... Read MoreProgramsA.S. - Radiography