Radiology Tech Programs in Arizona
In terms of job opportunities for radiology technicians in Arizona, there are plenty of jobs available and more soon to come. Currently, there are approximately 5.314 radiology jobs in the state. However, the number is expected to increase to 7,264 by the year. Keep reading to learn all about radiology tech programs in Arizona.
For new graduates, the best place to start seeking employment is in the state-based hospitals in the region. There is also the option of going to government medical agencies with imaging departments in the state. Other viable options include physician offices, imaging centers, and clinics. Some of the common employers in Arizona include Next Care Urgent Care, the Department of Veteran Affairs, and the University of Arizona Medical Center.
How to Become a Radiology Technician in Arizona
As a radiology technician in Arizona, it is compulsory for you to have a license. The Medical Radiologic Technologist Board of Examiners issues the licenses to applicants. All applications are found online although they all have to be notarized before reaching the board. The requirements for the license are your original copies of legal residence proof, passport photo, documentations in case of previous convictions, and your identification card.
The renewal of the license should be every two years. The renewing process involves sitting for a 24-hour continuing education session. An American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification is also required for one to fully qualify as a radiology technician in Arizona. In addition to this, you will also have to sit for the MCAT (Medical College Admission Test), go to lectures for 2 years, another 2 years in the field as a supervised student, and 2 to 4 years in residency.
Facts about Radiologic Tech schools in Arizona
- Arizona has one of the highest numbers of people employed in the radiology industry in the USA
- Phoenix-Mesa-Glendale city registers the highest number of radiology employees i.e. 2,790 with an average annual salary of $61,000
- The projected job growth for this sector is expected to be 36.4% by 2020 – one of the highest projected job growth rates in the nation
- There is only one institution offering a bachelor’s radiology degree and 2 offering the certificate program
- There are 8 institutions offering associate degree programs and 9 universities/colleges offering the radiology technician degree program
- The annual range for tuition in Arizona radiology career schools plus community colleges: $6,500 to $9,300
- Location - Daytona Beach, FL, US 32114
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-ce...ProgramsDiagnostic Medical Sonography, ASRadiologic Technology, AS
- Location - Clifton, NJ, US 07011
At American Institute, we believe you can become whatever you want to be, and we’re ready to help you get there. We pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality, innovative education to our... Read MoreProgramsDiagnostic Medical Sonography
- Location - Lexington, KY, US 40504
Earn your degree from an accredited university by taking all of your classes online. Sullivan University Online delivers high quality online degree programs in an e-Learning environment that allows... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic Technology