Radiology Tech Programs in Alabama
Universities, colleges, career schools, and other learning institutions offer a wide variety of radiology-related programs from which one can learn about radiologic technology. Radiology tech programs in Alabama teach all about the various skills required for one to be a radiology technician.
Additionally, these tech programs also teach all about the technologies one is required to master in their career as a radiology technician such as X-ray imaging or Sonography.
A career as a radiology technician in Alabama is quite promising considering the fact that a number of career opportunities are available and more are expected to arise in the course of time. However, make sure to choose the right learning institutions for you. Consider all your interests, career expectations, and skills, and pick one that is the most suitable.
In This Article
How to Become a Radiology Technician in Alabama
Alabama is one of the few states in the United States that do not necessarily require one to be licensed in order to practice as a radiologic technologist. This does not mean that you do not have to be certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
Most employers in the state are after individuals that have been certified by the ARRT. In addition to this, you will be required to have graduated from an accredited institution in the state. This means at least 2 years in school and at least another two in your residency. However, for the bachelor’s degree, you will need to attend school for 4 years; 2 in class and 2 in the field. The ARRT certification will need to be renewed every two years in order to maintain your relevance.
Some Interesting Facts About Radiologic Tech Schools in Alabama
- Alabama contributes about 6% of the Radiology institutions in the nation
- The expected job growth for the state of Alabama is expected to be about 28% by the year 2020
- There is only 1 institution offering a bachelor’s degree program in radiology
- There are 6 institutions offering associate degree programs and 3 offering certificate programs on the same
- There are 8 universities and colleges offering degree programs in radiology
- The annual range of tuition for radiology based programs in career schools and community colleges is in-between $5,000 and $12,000
- The annual range of tuition for radiology based programs in universities and colleges is in-between $2,000 and $10,000
Career Opportunities for Radiologic Technicians in Alabama
Currently, it is approximated that there are around 3,500 career opportunities in Alabama with an expected growth of 28% by the year 2020. Most of these career opportunities are available in hospitals, clinics, imaging centers, and physician offices. There are also quite a number of organizations in Alabama that offer radiology technician positions, most of which are state-owned. In the private sector, there are several doctors who have their own offices in the state and offer career opportunities to new graduates.
- Location - Houston, TX, US 77092
The College of Health Care Professions is a Texas-based career education school founded by physicians in the Texas Medical Center solely specializing in healthcare education and dedicated to provid... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic Science Management - Bachelor's DegreeRadiologic Technology Completion Program - AAS Degree
- Location - Port Saint Lucie, FL, US 34987
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-ce...ProgramsRadiologic Technology, AS
Accredited Medical Imaging Programs In Alabama
- Midlands Technical College – Columbia – JRCNMT Accredited
- Lurleen B. Wallace Community College – Opp – CAAHEP Accredited
- George C. Wallace State Community College-Hanceville – Hanceville – CAAHEP Accredited
- University of South Alabama – Mobile – JRCERT Accredited
- Southern Union State Community College – Opelika – JRCERT Accredited
- Jefferson State Community College – Birmingham – JRCERT Accredited
- H. Councill Trenholm State Community College – Montgomery – JRCERT, CAAHEP Accredited
- George C. Wallace State Community College-Hanceville – Hanceville – JRCERT Accredited
- George C. Wallace Community College-Dothan – Dothan – JRCERT Accredited
- Gadsden State Community College – Gadsden – JRCERT Accredited