Radiology Tech Programs in Wyoming
The projected job growth rate for Wyoming is estimated to be about 25% by the year 2020 with slightly over 500 radiology jobs available at the moment in the state. Most of these opportunities are available in medical centers, physician offices, and clinics, major state hospitals such as the Campbell County Memorial Hospital, imaging centers, medical facilities, and imaging centers. All these venues offer jobs to new radiology course graduates. To learn more about radiology tech programs in Wyoming, read on.
How to Become a Radiology Technician in Wyoming
In order to be eligible to work in Wyoming, one is required to be licensed. The licensing is done by the Wyoming Board of Radiologic Technologists Examiners. This board is also responsible for issuing examinations equivalent to the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) exam. Most people however sit for the ARRT exams which are a major requirement for one to qualify for the work license in Wyoming.
Some other requirements are that you have to have graduated from an accredited learning radiology institution plus you have to be over the age of 18. This is generally the age of consent in Wyoming. You will be required to provide proof of sitting for the ARRT exam and some form of identification. The renewal of the license is done after every 2 years.
Some Interesting Facts About Radiology School in Wyoming
- There are no learning institutions in the state offering bachelor degree programs for radiology technicians
- There are also no learning institutions offering radiology certificate programs
- The average population for radiology learning institutions in the state is about 4,500 per institution
- The average graduation rate for radiology schools within the state is about 40%
- The annual tuition range for career schools and community colleges within the state is about $5,400
- The annual tuition range for universities and colleges within the state is in-between $4,800 and $5,300
- No universities in Wyoming offering radiology courses in general
- 3 colleges offering radiography degree programs in the state
- There are 3 learning institutions offering associate degree programs in radiography science
The College of Health Care Professions , OnlineLocation - Houston, TX, US 77092
The College of Health Care Professions is a Texas-based career education school founded by physicians in the Texas Medical Center solely specializing in healthcare education and dedicated to provid... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic Science Management - Bachelor's DegreeRadiologic Technology Completion Program – AAS Degree
Keiser University , OnlineLocation - Melbourne, FL, US 32901
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-ce...ProgramsRadiation Therapy, ASRadiologic Technology, AS