Radiology Tech Schools
Below is a list of imaging schools for radiologic technologists including x ray techs, sonographers, MRI technicians, and radiation therapists. Not sure what radiology tech school is right for you? Check out this quick read on getting certified.
- Location - Knoxville, TN, US 37909
Since South College was founded in 1882, we have focused on serving students who want hands-on, career-driven education that will have a meaningful impact on their lives and livelihoods.More than a ce... Read MoreProgramsAS RadiographyCERT Magnetic Resonance ImagingCERT Computed TomographyBS Health Science w/Con Radiography
- Location - Houston, TX, US 77092
The College of Health Care Professions is a Texas-based career education school founded by physicians in the Texas Medical Center solely specializing in healthcare education and dedicated to provid... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic Technology Completion Program – AAS DegreeRadiologic Science Management - Bachelor's Degree
- Location - Louisville, KY, US 40205
Earn your degree from an accredited university by taking all of your classes online. Sullivan University Online delivers high quality online degree programs in an e-Learning environment that allows... Read MoreProgramsLimited Medical Radiography DiplomaRadiologic Technology
How Long is Rad Tech School?
It takes about 2 years to become a radiologic technologist.
- obtaining your associate’s
- completing an ARRT-approved educational curriculum
- meeting the ARRT ethics requirements
- passing the ARRT exam
Known as the Primary Eligibility Pathway, this allows you to earn your ARRT credentials in
- Radiation Therapy
- Vascular Sonography
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
What Should I look for in Radiology Technician Programs?
When looking for radiology tech programs and speaking to the school’s representative, it’s essential to have a list of questions prepared before visiting with school representatives so as to make the most of the time spent with that representative. The following questions are a great place to start:
- What courses are required?
- How long does it take to earn a degree?
- What is the cost of tuition?
- Are there options for night classes or online classes?
- What requirements must an applicant possess?
- How successful are school graduates in finding work?