Radiology Tech Programs in Tennessee
According to the Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development, there is a likely 6% growth for radiology jobs in the state. Although the current growth rate has decreased by a certain margin, there are still plenty of jobs across Tennessee. Some of the viable options include state hospitals in the state, medical clinics, physician offices, imaging centers, and government agencies. To learn more about radiology tech programs in Tennessee, keep reading.
In This Article
How to Become a Radiology Technician in Tennessee
Just like in most of the other states, radiology technicians in Tennessee are expected to be licensed in order to operate in the region. However, before the licensing phase, you should pass through all the study stages.
To be on the safe side, it would be wise for one to pursue both a bachelor’s and associate degree in radiologic technology. This increases your chances of getting a leg-up in the market today. Either way, you should pass your American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) exam.
Some Interesting Facts About Radiology Schools in Tennessee
- There are only 2 schools offering radiology bachelor’s degree programs in the state and 3 offering certificate programs
- There are 12 institutions offering associate degree programs and 13 universities plus colleges offering degree programs on the same
- The average student population of student pursuing radiology certifications in Tennessee if approximately 6,000 students.
- On average, the annual tuition for radiology career schools and community colleges is about $16,000
- About 80 positions are vacated on a yearly basis and 35 more new positions are created. This makes for 115 vacant positions yearly
- The estimated growth rate for radiology jobs in Tennessee by 2020 is approximated to be 6%
- Tennessee has 3% of the total radiology technician jobs in the nation
- Location - Dallas, TX, US 75243
The College of Health Care Professions is a Texas-based career education school founded by physicians in the Texas Medical Center solely specializing in healthcare education and dedicated to provid... Read MoreProgramsLimited Medical Radiologic Technologist with MA Skills - Certificate
- Location - Melbourne, FL, US 32901
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-ce...ProgramsRadiation Therapy, ASRadiologic Technology, AS