Radiology Tech Programs in Alaska
Alaska is one of the few states in the nation that do not necessarily require their radiology technicians to be licensed. Therefore, all you have to do is graduate from an accredited institution, get licensed, and enter the job market. To learn more about radiology tech programs in Alaska, keep reading.
Currently, over 500 radiology technician job openings come about yearly in Alaska. This makes it one of the states with the highest number of jobs for radiology technicians in the United States. The projected growth rate is estimated to be about 30% until the year 2020; meaning even more jobs. Some of the areas where new graduates can look for such jobs are in the major hospitals, imaging centers, medical clinics, and physician offices.
- Location - Lexington, KY, US 40504
Earn your degree from an accredited university by taking all of your classes online. Sullivan University Online delivers high quality online degree programs in an e-Learning environment that allows... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic Technology
Interesting facts about Radiologic Tech Schools in Alaska
- There is no school in the state offering bachelors’ degree programs in radiology
- The average student population in radiology learning institutions in the state is about 11,000
- The annual tuition range for radiography courses in universities and colleges lies in-between $7,500 and $8,900
- On average, a radiology technician in Alaska is paid better than those in most of the other states
- Alaska has one of the highest number of job opportunities for radiology technicians in the nation
- There are 2 universities and colleges in the state offering a radiology degree program
- There are only 2 learning institutions in Alaska offering certificate programs in radiology science
After graduating, you have to fill in an application form and sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification examination. You will have to pay a certain application fee and submit original copies of your graduation documents, passport-size photos, and identification cards. The license has to be renewed every 2 years with a compulsory 24 continuing education credits.