Radiology Tech Programs in Pennsylvania
There are quite a number of radiologic technology learning institutions located within Pennsylvania and its environs; all of which are open for enrolment. However, in order to qualify to enroll in these institutions, there are a number of undergraduate courses that you have to pass. They include biology, math, organic chemistry, chemistry, and physics. To learn more about radiology tech programs in Pennsylvania, read on.
The reason behind this is that they are all related to radiology in one way or the other. A number of the programs offered are meant for specific careers. Examples of such courses include fluoroscopy and patient care.
How to become a Radiology Technician in Pennsylvania
Just like in most US States, the very first step in becoming a radiology technician in Pennsylvania is to graduate from a credited institution. It is only after this that you will be allowed to sit for the ARRT examination which allows you to get licensed.
There are specialized ARRT exams for specific careers such as radiation therapy, radiography, sonography, and the likes. However, there are no continuing education credit requirements for this process.
See also: Radiation Therapy Schools in PA
Some Interesting Facts About Radiology Schools in Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania is ranked as one of the states with the highest number of universities offering radiology course in the United States
- On average, radiology technicians are paid more than radiology technicians in other states
- There are 21 universities and colleges in the state offering radiology degree programs
- 16 learning institutions offer radiology associate degree programs
- There are 4 learning institutions offering radiology bachelor degree programs in the state and 6 offering certificate programs in the same
- The price range for radiology courses in universities and colleges within Pennsylvania lies in-between $2,500 and $35,000
Career Opportunities for Radiology Technicians in Pennsylvania
Research shows that there are currently about 9,800 radiology work opportunities in Pennsylvania. In addition to this, the projected job growth rate is 16% which means this number will increase in time.
Pennsylvania has also been ranked as one of the states with the highest number of major hospitals in the United States. These make the perfect place to look for career opportunities as a new graduate. In addition to this, there are several medical centers, imaging centers, and physician offices of which also offer career opportunities for new radiology graduates.
- Radiologic Technology degree programs are available in Pennsylvania Universities and Colleges.
- Certificate level program available
- 16 Associate degrees
- 4 Bachelors degrees
- Location - Houston, TX, US 77092
The College of Health Care Professions is a Texas-based career education school founded by physicians in the Texas Medical Center solely specializing in healthcare education and dedicated to provid... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic Technology - AAS (Completion Program)Radiologic Science Management - Bachelor's Degree
- Location - Louisville, KY, US 40205
Earn your degree from an accredited university by taking all of your classes online. Sullivan University Online delivers high quality online degree programs in an e-Learning environment that allows... Read MoreProgramsLimited Medical Radiography DiplomaRadiologic Technology
Accredited Medical Imaging Programs In Pennsylvania
including X-Ray Tech, Nuclear Medicine, Sonography
- Northampton County Area Community College – Bethlehem – JRCERT Accredited
- Northampton County Area Community College – Bethlehem – CAAHEP Accredited
- Montgomery County Community College – Blue Bell – JRCERT Accredited
- Bucks County Community College – Bristol – JRCERT Accredited
- Harcum College – Bryn Mawr – JRCERT Accredited
- Mount Aloysius College – Cresson – CAAHEP Accredited
- Misericordia University – Dallas – JRCERT Accredited
- Misericordia University – Dallas – CAAHEP Accredited
- Gannon University – Erie – JRCERT Accredited
- Gwynedd Mercy University – Gwynedd Valley – JRCERT Accredited
- Harrisburg Area Community College – Harrisburg – CAAHEP Accredited
- Harrisburg Area Community College – Lancaster – JRCERT Accredited
- Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences – Lancaster – JRCERT, CAAHEP, JRCNMT Accredited
- Community College of Allegheny County-Boyce – Monroeville – JRCERT, CAAHEP Accredited
- Robert Morris University – Moon Township – JRCNMT Accredited
- Pennsylvania State University-Penn State New Kensington – New Kensington – JRCERT Accredited
- Community College of Philadelphia – Philadelphia – JRCERT Accredited
- Holy Family University – Philadelphia – JRCERT Accredited
- Thomas Jefferson University – Philadelphia – JRCERT, CAAHEP, JRCNMT Accredited
- Community College of Allegheny County-Allegheny – Pittsburgh – JRCERT, JRCNMT Accredited
- Mansfield University of Pennsylvania – Sayre – JRCERT Accredited
- Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Schuylkill – Schuylkill Haven – JRCERT Accredited
- Johnson College – Scranton – JRCERT Accredited
- Lackawanna College – Scranton – CAAHEP Accredited
- Pennsylvania College of Technology – Williamsport – JRCERT Accredited