Radiology Tech Programs in Maryland
The department of labor, regulations, and licensing in Maryland has stated that there is a steady growth rate for radiology tech jobs in the region in both the private and public sectors. There are career opportunities in medical centers, physician offices, universities, hospitals, government agencies, and imaging centers. To learn more about radiology tech programs in Maryland, read on.
Hospitals, government agencies, and universities employ the highest number of new graduates while in the private sector, medical centers, clinics, and physician offices are also known to employ a considerably high amount of new graduates.
How to become a radiology technician in Maryland
In the state of Maryland, it is compulsory for one to be licensed in order to practice radiologic technology. This is done by the Maryland Board of Physicians which is responsible for all the medical field experts in the state.
The first prerequisite for one to qualify for a license is that they have to have graduated from a credited radiology tech school and passed the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) exam. Just like in most medical sectors, one is more marketable if they do both the associate’s and bachelor’s degrees.
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Maryland
- The highest graduation rate in Maryland colleges and universities is 55%
- The average annual tuition for career schools and community colleges in Maryland is at about $13,000 with the lowest being at around $7,0000
- Only one school is offering a bachelor’s degree program in radiology
- There are 11 universities and colleges offering various degree programs related to radiology technology.
- There are 3 institutions offering certificate programs and 9 other institutions offering associate degree programs.
- The estimated job growth for Maryland is approximated to be 27.5% in the year 2020
- The average annual salary for radiology technicians in Maryland is $64,800
- Radiology technicians on average earn more than experts in other fields.
The College of Health Care Professions , OnlineLocation - Houston, TX, US 77092
The College of Health Care Professions is a Texas-based career education school founded by physicians in the Texas Medical Center solely specializing in healthcare education and dedicated to provid... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic Technology Completion Program – AAS DegreeRadiologic Science Management - Bachelor's Degree
South College , OnlineLocation - Cranberry, PA, US 16066
Since South College was founded in 1882, we have focused on serving students who want hands-on, career-driven education that will have a meaningful impact on their lives and livelihoods.More than a ce... Read MoreProgramsAS Radiography
Keiser University , OnlineLocation - Lakeland, FL, US 33805
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-ce...ProgramsRadiologic Technology, ASRadiation Therapy, AS
Sullivan University , OnlineLocation - Louisville, KY, US 40205
Earn your degree from an accredited university by taking all of your classes online. Sullivan University Online delivers high quality online degree programs in an e-Learning environment that allows... Read MoreProgramsLimited Medical Radiography DiplomaRadiologic Technology