Radiology Tech Programs in South Carolina
Statistics by the Bureau of Labor Statistics based in South Carolina show that currently, 3,200 individuals are working in the radiology sector. The number of jobs available is expected to grow by 16% by 2018. For new graduates, there are over 80 hospitals in South Carolina offering jobs to radiology technicians. There are also diagnostic imaging centers and special radiology centers in the region where one can start off their career. To learn more about radiology tech programs in South Carolina, read on.
How to Become a Radiology Technician in South Carolina
The process of becoming a radiology technician in South Carolina basically involves 2 main phases; accreditation in a radiology learning institution and licensing. In the licensing phase, the South Carolina Radiation Quality Standards Association is responsible for offering the licenses. They offer licenses to radiology technicians specifically practicing nuclear medicine technology, computed tomography, bone densitometry, radiography, and radiation therapy.
Those who plan to seek certification must complete technician training accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) or the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
Some Interesting Facts About Radiologic Technology Schools in South Carolina
- 2% of radiology learning institutions in the nation are located in South Carolina
- There are only 3 institutions offering certificate programs for radiology courses
- There are 11 universities/colleges offering radiology degree courses and also 11 learning institutions offering associate degree programs
- The average radiology student population per institution in South Carolina is approximately 9,000
- There is no institution offering bachelor degree programs for radiology in the state
- For community colleges/career schools, the tuition range on an yearly basis is somewhere between $7,000 and $10,100
- Currently, the number of occupied job positions in the radiology sector are 3,240
- The estimated job growth by 2018 is 16%
The College of Health Care Professions , OnlineLocation - Houston, TX, US 77092
The College of Health Care Professions is a Texas-based career education school founded by physicians in the Texas Medical Center solely specializing in healthcare education and dedicated to provid... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic Technology Completion Program – AAS DegreeRadiologic Science Management - Bachelor's Degree
South College , OnlineLocation - Knoxville, TN, US 37909
Since South College was founded in 1882, we have focused on serving students who want hands-on, career-driven education that will have a meaningful impact on their lives and livelihoods.More than a ce... Read MoreProgramsCERT Computed TomographyCERT Magnetic Resonance ImagingAS RadiographyBS Health Science w/Con Radiography
Keiser University , OnlineLocation - Fort Myers, FL, US 33905
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-ce...ProgramsBachelor of Science in Imaging Sciences - Imaging Administration
Sullivan University , OnlineLocation - Louisville, KY, US 40205
Earn your degree from an accredited university by taking all of your classes online. Sullivan University Online delivers high quality online degree programs in an e-Learning environment that allows... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic TechnologyLimited Medical Radiography Diploma