Radiology Tech Programs in South Carolina
Statistics by the Bureau of Labor Statistics based in South Carolina show that currently, 3,200 individuals are working in the radiology sector. The number of jobs available is expected to grow by 16% by 2018. For new graduates, there are over 80 hospitals in South Carolina offering jobs to radiology technicians. There are also diagnostic imaging centers and special radiology centers in the region where one can start off their career. To learn more about radiology tech programs in South Carolina, read on.
How to Become a Radiology Technician in South Carolina
The process of becoming a radiology technician in South Carolina basically involves 2 main phases; accreditation in a radiology learning institution and licensing. In the licensing phase, the South Carolina Radiation Quality Standards Association is responsible for offering the licenses. They offer licenses to radiology technicians specifically practicing nuclear medicine technology, computed tomography, bone densitometry, radiography, and radiation therapy.
Those who plan to seek certification must complete technician training accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) or the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
Some Interesting Facts About Radiologic Technology Schools in South Carolina
- 2% of radiology learning institutions in the nation are located in South Carolina
- There are only 3 institutions offering certificate programs for radiology courses
- There are 11 universities/colleges offering radiology degree courses and also 11 learning institutions offering associate degree programs
- The average radiology student population per institution in South Carolina is approximately 9,000
- There is no institution offering bachelor degree programs for radiology in the state
- For community colleges/career schools, the tuition range on an yearly basis is somewhere between $7,000 and $10,100
- Currently, the number of occupied job positions in the radiology sector are 3,240
- The estimated job growth by 2018 is 16%
- Location - Fort Myers, FL, US 33905
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-ce...ProgramsDiagnostic Medical Sonography, AS
- Location - Clifton, NJ, US 07011
At American Institute, we believe you can become whatever you want to be, and we’re ready to help you get there. We pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality, innovative education to our... Read MoreProgramsDiagnostic Medical Sonography
- Location - Lexington, KY, US 40504
Earn your degree from an accredited university by taking all of your classes online. Sullivan University Online delivers high quality online degree programs in an e-Learning environment that allows... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic Technology