Radiology Tech Programs in Arkansas
As of the year 2010, there were approximately 2,360 job positions for radiology technicians in the state. This number is expected to grow by 9% by the year 2020 which means there will be even more career opportunities for rad techs in the future. To learn more about radiology tech programs in Arkansas, keep reading.
Currently, new graduates can get career opportunities in major hospitals such as the Arkansas Heart Hospital, private physician offices, medical and imaging centers.
How to Become a Radiologic Technologist in Arkansas
There is a couple of inter-linked requirement necessary to become a radiology technician in Arkansas. To start with, you will have to acquire a renewable license from the state. This license will certify that you are in a position to work as a radiology technician in the state. However, in order to get licensed, you will have to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) exam which in turn requires you to have graduated from an accredited radiology technician institution.
The ARRT certification test is generally based on all the various aspects of radiology plus its technologies. Getting the license allows one to practice computed tomography, bone densitometry, mammograms, and other special radiology procedures. The application process for the license can begin as early as 3 whole months before their actual graduation. However, make sure to have graduated before sitting for the test. The renewal of the license is done after every 2 years.
Some Interesting Facts About Radiologic Technologist Schools in Arkansas
- Arkansas contributes about 5% of the total radiology learning institutions in the United States
- There is only one institution in the state offering certificate programs for radiology technician students
- There are 4 schools offering radiology bachelor’s degrees in the state, 8 offering the associate degree and 10 colleges plus universities offering radiology degree programs
- The annual tuition range for colleges and universities offering radiology course in the state lies in-between $3,500 and $13,800
- The annual tuition range for radiology courses in community colleges and career schools in Arkansas is $9,400
- Radiology technicians in the state are considered to be paid considerably well as compared to those in other states
- Location - Melbourne, FL, US 32901
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-ce...ProgramsDiagnostic Medical Sonography, ASRadiation Therapy, ASRadiologic Technology, AS
- Location - Clifton, NJ, US 07011
At American Institute, we believe you can become whatever you want to be, and we’re ready to help you get there. We pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality, innovative education to our... Read MoreProgramsDiagnostic Medical Sonography
- Location - Louisville, KY, US 40205
Earn your degree from an accredited university by taking all of your classes online. Sullivan University Online delivers high quality online degree programs in an e-Learning environment that allows... Read MoreProgramsLimited Medical Radiography DiplomaRadiologic Technology