Radiology Tech Programs in Nebraska
The projected job growth for radiology technician positions in Nebraska is approximately 12% by the year 2020. When seeking employment, the best place to start is in the main hospitals of the state. On the other hand, there are also imaging centers in the region from which one can get employment. But first, let’s talk about radiology tech programs in Nebraska.
How to become a radiology technician in Nebraska
In order to pursue a career as a radiology technician in Nebraska, you will have to get licensed first. This is a requirement set by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services.
The licensing process will include you paying a little certification fee of $25 and filling in the required forms. However, the most important part of the process is for you to pass the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) exam.
In order to sit for the exam, you will have to have graduated from an accredited institution within the state. The unique thing with licensing in Nebraska is that they allow qualification exams from other states so long as they are certified by the American Registry of Radiology Technologists.
For those specifically planning to pursue x-ray imaging, they will have to sit for the ARRT test which has a limited scope based around x-ray imaging. Renewal of the license has to be done every 2 years failure to which one gets discontinued.
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Nebraska
- Nebraska contributes about 5% of the nation’s radiology learning institutions
- There are 2 institutions offering radiology certificate programs, 3 offering bachelor’s degree and 6 offering associate degree on the same
- There are 8 universities and colleges in the state offering radiology related degree programs
- The average annual salary for radiology technicians in Nebraska is about $49,000
- Radiology technicians in the state on average earn more than other professions in the medical field
- The tuition range for radiology courses in career schools and community schools is $2,220
- The tuition range for universities and colleges in the state lies in-between $6,000 and $11,000
- Location - Daytona Beach, FL, US 32114
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-ce...ProgramsDiagnostic Medical Sonography, ASRadiologic Technology, AS
- Location - Clifton, NJ, US 07011
At American Institute, we believe you can become whatever you want to be, and we’re ready to help you get there. We pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality, innovative education to our... Read MoreProgramsDiagnostic Medical Sonography