Radiology Tech Programs in Oregon
Universities, colleges, career schools, and other learning institutions in Oregon offer aspiring radiology techs the perfect foundation to build their promising careers. Therefore, you need a quality learning institution in order to make the most out of your training. This is exactly what these institutions offer. To learn more about radiology tech programs in Oregon, read below.
Oregon radiology learning institutions offer students a wide array of options from which they can decide which career to follow in the future. Some of these courses are career-specific while some are just but general radiology courses. On the other hand, you also have the leisure of choosing online learning institutions. These institutions are cheap, convenient, and highly flexible.
How to Become a Radiology Technician in Oregon
Residents of Oregon who wish to get certified as state radiology technicians have to provide their licenses to their various employers. This license is issued on application by the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging. This board is specifically entrusted with the task of managing the medical imaging sector in Oregon.
On the other hand, the board offers specifically limited scope exams for specific career sectors within the medical imaging sector. The careers sectors include are sonography, radiation therapy, nuclear medicine, radiography, x-ray machine operations, and magnetic resonance imaging. These are the main limited scope career exams available.
In addition to sitting for the exam, you will have to pay an application fee and submit necessary documents such as your graduation and identification documents. Once licensed, you will have to go through a compulsory 24-hour educational course. This course is meant to be done every two years while you are renewing your license.
Facts About Radiology Schools in Oregon
- There are five institution offering certificate programs in radiography science
- The average population of radiology students within the state of Oregon is about 18,000 students per institution
- The annual tuition range for universities and colleges within the state lies between $7,900 and $20,000
- The annual tuition range for career schools within the state is about $7,700
- There are 5 universities and colleges in Oregon offering radiology degree programs
- There is one learning institution in the state offering bachelor’s degree programs in radiology and 2 offering associate degree programs in the same field
- The average annual salary for an average radiology technician in Oregon is about $63,000
- Location - Knoxville, TN, US 37909
Since South College was founded in 1882, we have focused on serving students who want hands-on, career-driven education that will have a meaningful impact on their lives and livelihoods.More than a ce... Read MoreProgramsCERT Computed TomographyAS RadiographyBS Health Science w/Con RadiographyCERT Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Location - Austin, TX, US 78752
The College of Health Care Professions is a Texas-based career education school founded by physicians in the Texas Medical Center solely specializing in healthcare education and dedicated to provid... Read MoreProgramsLimited Medical Radiologic Technologist - Certificate
- Location - Fort Myers, FL, US 33905
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-ce...ProgramsBachelor of Science in Imaging Sciences - Imaging Administration
- Location - Lexington, KY, US 40504
Earn your degree from an accredited university by taking all of your classes online. Sullivan University Online delivers high quality online degree programs in an e-Learning environment that allows... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic Technology
Career Opportunities for Radiology Technicians in Oregon
The projected job growth rate in the state of Oregon is estimated to be about 29.1% by the year 2020. This implies the job opportunities are slowly increasing within the state. There are over 67 active major hospitals in the state and even more medical centers. All these are very good places to look for available job opportunities. In addition to this, you can go to imaging centers, physician offices, and clinics.
Accredited Medical Imaging Programs In Oregon
including X-Ray Tech, Nuclear Medicine, Sonography
- Oregon Institute of Technology – Klamath Falls – CAAHEP Accredited
- Oregon Health & Science University – Portland – JRCERT Accredited
- Portland Community College – Portland – JRCERT Accredited