Radiology Tech Programs in New Hampshire
New Hampshire is still a growing state as far as radiologic technology is concerned. This is why there are only 880 career opportunities currently available. However, career opportunities are expected to grow in the future with projected job growth of 20% by the year 2020. To learn more about radiology tech programs in New Hampshire, keep reading below.
The best place to look for career opportunities in New Hampshire is in the main hospitals in the region plus imaging centers. Some of the top hospitals in the region include the Wentworth-Douglas Hospital and the Concord Hospital.
How to Become a Radiology Technician in New Hampshire
In order to practice nuclear medicine, radiology, or any other medical practice within New Hampshire, one has to graduate from an accredited institution in the state and obtain a valid license for the practice.
Depending on the program you decide to choose, you will have to go through a couple of years in school. The lowest number of years is 2; for certificate programs. Bachelor’s degree programs on the other hand take up to 4 years, 2 of which are spent in class and the other 2 in supervised practice in the field. In some cases, residency in an accredited learning hospital is also necessary.
Those who plan to seek certification must pass the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) exam.
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in New Hampshire
- On average, radiology technicians in New Hampshire earn more than other professionals in other fields.
- Only 1 school offers a certificate program in radiology in the state
- There are 2 universities and colleges in the state offering radiology programs
- There are 2 institutions in the state offering associate degree radiology programs
- New Hampshire is one of the states with the lowest number of learning institutions offering radiology-related courses
- The tuition range for radiology courses in colleges and universities ranges in-between $18,300 and $15,200
- The tuition range for radiology courses in career schools and community colleges ranges in-between $6,900 and $15,900
- Location - Fort Myers, FL, US 33905
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-ce...ProgramsDiagnostic Medical Sonography, AS
- Location - Clifton, NJ, US 07011
At American Institute, we believe you can become whatever you want to be, and we’re ready to help you get there. We pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality, innovative education to our... Read MoreProgramsDiagnostic Medical Sonography