Radiology Tech Programs in South Dakota
The projected growth of jobs for radiologic technologists in South Dakota is approximated to be 1,270 for 2020. This is after a projected growth rate of 15% has been used on the current slightly below 1000 radiology jobs available in the state. Most of these jobs are available in imaging centers, health clinics, major state hospitals, medical agencies, university medical centers, and physician offices. There are also several other medical facilities within the state that offer career opportunities to new graduates. To learn more about radiology tech programs in South Dakota, read on.
How to Become a Radiology Technician in South Dakota
South Dakota is one of the few states in the United States that do not require one to be licensed in order to practice radiologic technology. All in all, the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) examination still remains to be quite vital since employers only employ those who have passed the test.
This comes about as a precautionary measure in order to hire only the best in the field. In that case, one of the things to do in order to become a radiology technician in South Dakota is to sit for the ARRT exam. The eligibility requirements for this test on the other hand include having graduated from an accredited radiology course. The application process for the test can begin as early as 2 to 3 months before one graduates. However, you have to be 110% sure of the graduation date in this case. The license has to be licensed bi-yearly.
Some Interesting Facts About Radiology Schools in South Dakota
- There are 3 learning institutions offering bachelor’s degree in radiology science, 4 offering radiology certificate programs and 4 offering associate degree programs in the same
- The average graduation rate for radiology learning institutions in South Dakota is around 58%
- The annual tuition range for universities and colleges within South Dakota lies in-between $7,800 and $19,800
- The annual tuition range for career schools and community colleges in the state lies in-between $1,500 and $5,300
- There are 7 universities and colleges in South Dakota offering radiology degree programs
- Location - Houston, TX, US 77092
The College of Health Care Professions is a Texas-based career education school founded by physicians in the Texas Medical Center solely specializing in healthcare education and dedicated to provid... Read MoreProgramsRadiologic Technology - AAS (Completion Program)Radiologic Science Management - Bachelor's Degree
- Location - Louisville, KY, US 40205
Earn your degree from an accredited university by taking all of your classes online. Sullivan University Online delivers high quality online degree programs in an e-Learning environment that allows... Read MoreProgramsLimited Medical Radiography DiplomaRadiologic Technology