Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Radiologic Technology (AAS)
- Radiation Therapy (AS)
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MS Health Informatics
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Minnesota
- There is only one school offering a bachelor’s programs for radiography science
- The average annual tuition range for career schools and community colleges in the state lies in-between $5,100 and $12,600
- The average tuition range for universities and colleges in the state lies in-between $8,500 and $24,000
- Radiology technicians in Minnesota, on average, are paid much more than most professionals from other states
- There are 14 learning institutions offering associate degree courses for radiology students
- There are 17 universities and colleges in the state offering radiology related courses
- There are 4 institutions in the state offering radiology certificate programs
How to become a radiology technician in Minnesota
Licensing is a must in order for anyone to become a radiology technician in Minnesota. The licenses and certificates are issued by the Minnesota Department of Health which oversees all transactions and issuing of permits in the medical field. The main requirement for you to qualify for the license is that you have to sit for the ARRT exam. Alternatively, you will have to sit for the ACRRT test or rather a state equivalent test. All these exams are only done by individuals who have graduated from accredited courses in accredited institutions. In order to apply for the license you will also be required to pay $100 as the application fee plus a $25 that is directed to the Minnesota Department of Health for their salaries and maintenance activities. There is also the limited x-ray operator certification process which consists of the same fees but limited scope examinations. Renewal is done after every 2 years.
Career opportunities for radiology technicians in Minnesota
Minnesota is a very good state for you to go about look for career opportunities for radiology technicians. This is because it is the home of progressive practice and research in the medical field which in turn means it is also home to several top medical facilities. There are several major hospitals, imagine centers, clinics, research cents, physician offices and other medical facilities in Minnesota from which one can look to kick-start their career as radiology technicians. The projected growth for the state is expected to be 28% by the year 2020.