Accredited Radiologic Technologist Schools in Oregon
[su_expand height=”60″ more_icon=”icon: chevron-circle-down” less_icon=”icon: chevron-circle-up”]
Universities, colleges, career schools and other learning institutions in Oregon offer aspiring radiologists with the perfect foundation to build their promising careers. The medical field is considered one of the most sensitive job opportunities considering the fact that a slight mistake might lead to you never working again. Therefore, it means you need a quality learning institution in order to make the most out of your radiology course. This is exactly what these institutions offer. Oregon radiology learning institutions offer students with a wide array of options from which they can decide which career to follow in the future. Some of these courses are career specific while some are just but general radiology courses. On the other hand, you also have the leisure of choosing online learning institutions. These institutions are cheap, convenient and highly flexible. They are nothing like the rigid and highly tiresome traditional institutions.
Some interesting facts about radiology schools in Oregon
- There are five institution offering certificate programs in radiography science
- The average population of radiology students within the state of Oregon is about 18,000 students per institution
- The annual tuition range for universities and colleges within the state lies in-between $7,900 and $20,000
- The annual tuition range for career schools within the state is about $7,700
- There are 5 universities and colleges in Oregon offering radiology degree programs
- There is one learning institution in the state offering bachelor’s degree programs in radiology and 2 offering associate degree programs in the same field
- The average annual salary for an average radiology technician in Oregon is about $63,000
How to become a radiology technician in Oregon
Residents of Oregon who wish to get certified as state radiology technicians have to provide their licenses to their various employers. This license is issued on application by the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging. This board is specifically entrusted with the task of managing the medical imaging sector in Oregon. On the other hand, the board offers specifically limited scope exams for specific career sectors within the medical Imaging sector. The careers sectors include are sonography, radiation therapy, nuclear medicine, radiography, x-ray machine operations and magnetic resonance imaging. These are the main limited scope career exams available. In addition to sitting for the exam, you will have to pay an application fee and submit necessary documents such as your graduation and identification documents. Once licensed, you will have to go through a compulsory 24-hour educational course. This course is meant to be done every two years while you are renewing your license.
Career opportunities for radiology technicians in Oregon
The projected job growth rate in the state of Oregon is estimated to be about 29.1% by the year 2020. This implies that the job opportunities are slowly increasing within the state. There are over 67 active major hospitals in the state and even more medical centers. All these are very good place to look for available job opportunities. In addition to this, you can go to imaging centers, physician offices, and clinics.
[su_dropcap size=”2″]5[/su_dropcap] Radiologic Technology degree programs available in Oregon Universities and Colleges.
[su_dropcap size=”2″]3[/su_dropcap] Certificate level program available
[su_dropcap size=”2″]2[/su_dropcap] Associate degrees
[su_dropcap size=”2″]1[/su_dropcap] Bachelors degrees
Accredited Medical Imaging Programs In Oregon
including X-Ray Tech, Nuclear Medicine, Sonography
[su_list icon=”icon: arrow-right” icon_color=”#FF7443″]
- Oregon Institute of Technology – Klamath Falls – CAAHEP Accredited
- Oregon Health & Science University – Portland – JRCERT Accredited
- Portland Community College – Portland – JRCERT Accredited
[qs_listing state=”OR” areaofinterest=”RADIOLOGIC-TECHNOLOGY” campustype=”BOTH” maxresults=”10″]